Virginia Woolf & the Raverats, Limited Edition
“Very moving, a compelling read,” Henrietta Garnett, great niece of Virginia Woolf.
“To Jacques (and to no one else at this time) she explained the layers of her personality,” Hermione Lee in her biography of Virginia Woolf.
This Limited Edition was published on November 3rd, 2003
The specifications of the limited edition are:
- Designed by Humphrey Stone, using the Dante typeface;
- 212 pages, 234 by 175 mm (7¼ by 9¾ inches), on Mohawk soft white, 118gsm paper;
- 8 full colour pages of paintings by both the Raverats;
- 44 black and white illustrations: drawings and wood engravings by Gwen Raverat, photographs and facsimile letters;
- Rounded and backed, marker ribbon, head and tail bands with Damascus green 135gsm Colorplan endpapers;
- Quarterbound in Recordlienen with Compton marble paper sides, book title blocked in gold on spine;
- Cloth top and tail slipcase with Engres laid paper wrap;
- Each slipcase contains a separate numbered Gwen Raverat wood engraving, Vence, La Place en Été, which she made at the height of this correspondence in 1924, hand-printed by Simon Lawrence of the Fleece Press, from the original boxwood block.